||4 years ago|
|pages||4 years ago|
|README.md||4 years ago|
Grav is a Fast, Simple, and Flexible, file-based Web-platform. There is Zero installation required. Just extract the ZIP archive, and you are already up and running. It follows similar principles to other flat-file CMS platforms, but has a different design philosophy than most. Grav comes with a powerful Package Management System to allow for simple installation and upgrading of plugins and themes, as well as simple updating of Grav itself.
The underlying architecture of Grav is designed to use well-established and best-in-class technologies to ensure that Grav is simple to use and easy to extend. Some of these key technologies include:
- Twig Templating: for powerful control of the user interface
- Markdown: for easy content creation
- YAML: for simple configuration
- Parsedown: for fast Markdown and Markdown Extra support
- Doctrine Cache: layer for performance
- Pimple Dependency Injection Container: for extensibility and maintainability
- Symfony Event Dispatcher: for plugin event handling
- Symfony Console: for CLI interface
- Gregwar Image Library: for dynamic image manipulation
These are the options to get Grav:
Downloading a Grav Package
You can download a ready-built package from the Downloads page on https://getgrav.org
You can create a new project with the latest stable Grav release with the following command:
$ composer create-project getgrav/grav ~/webroot/grav
Clone the Grav repository from https://github.com/getgrav/grav to a folder in the webroot of your server, e.g.
~/webroot/grav. Launch a terminal or console and navigate to the webroot folder:
$ cd ~/webroot $ git clone https://github.com/getgrav/grav.git
Install the plugin and theme dependencies by using the Grav CLI application
$ cd ~/webroot/grav $ bin/grav install
Check out the install procedures for more information.
$ bin/gpm index
This will display all the available plugins and then you can install one or more with:
$ bin/gpm install <plugin/theme>
To update Grav you should use the Grav Package Manager or
$ bin/gpm selfupgrade
To update plugins and themes:
$ bin/gpm update
We appreciate any contribution to Grav, whether it is related to bugs, grammar, or simply a suggestion or improvement! Please refer to the Contributing guide for more guidance on this topic.
If you discover a possible security issue related to Grav or one of its plugins, please email the core team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll address it as soon as possible.
- What is Grav?
- Install Grav in few seconds
- Understand the Configuration
- Take a peek at our available free Skeletons
- If you have questions, jump on our Slack Room!
- Have fun!
- Have a look at our Basic Tutorial
- Dive into more advanced functions
- Learn about the Grav CLI
- Review examples in the Grav Cookbook
Support Grav with a monthly donation to help us continue development. [Become a backer]
Become a sponsor and get your logo on our README on Github with a link to your site. [Become a sponsor]
First install the dev dependencies by running
composer update from the Grav root.
composer test will run the Unit Tests, which should be always executed successfully on any site.
You can also run a single unit test file, e.g.
composer test tests/unit/Grav/Common/AssetsTest.php